The engineering college dates back to 1995 when the College of Technology Sciences was founded. It included the computer engineering and architecture and construction engineering programs in 2004.
The program also included the establishment of Communications Systems Engineering, Electronic System Software Engineering, Computer Systems Engineering, and Medical Engineering after the promotion of the science of technology college to the University of Science and Technology in 2007.
The College of Engineering has seven different specialized departments (after the Civil Engineering Department was established in 2010). The departments are:-
1. Electronic and Computer Systems Engineering Department.
2. Electronic Systems Software Engineering Department.
3. Communications Systems Engineering Department.
4. Medical Engineering Department.
5. Architecture and Urbanism Engineering Department
6. Chemical Engineering Department.
7. Civil Engineering Department.